This is a record of my experiences and experiments inspired by
Momofuku, a cookbook by David Chang and Peter Meehan.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day Seven - Page 74- Napa Cabbage Kimchi

I wanted to do the impossible: make kimchi without all the salt. After some searching I ended up using a recipe by David Lebovitz and used less salt and left out the daikon. It is basically cabbage and onions, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic.


And because one pickle leads to the next and I found some really fresh-looking gai choy at May Wah in the city, I made up some of Rhoda Yee's Pickled Mustard Greens (Suen-Gai-Choy) recipe.
Do you know how hard it is to keep the camera clean while licking pickling juice off of your fingers? What's impossible is to wait for these to be fully pickled.

And then this is what happened over Thanksgiving!


I've posted some photos of Oaxaca on Flickr: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment