This is a record of my experiences and experiments inspired by
Momofuku, a cookbook by David Chang and Peter Meehan.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day Eight - Page 94 - Cauliflower, Kimchi Puree & Bacon

Last week we had some freezing days and then it rained for two. Today I went outside to survey the damage and was surprised to see that the cauliflower plants survived and this one actually grew to a nice size during the harsh weather. This is my first attempt at cauliflower and I'm really happy that I now have a fall vegetable that I can grow successfully. Thanks to Ellen, who gave me the starts, they had a really healthy beginning.

The kimchi is just starting to get stinky so it seemed like a good time to try Chang's Brussels sprouts/kimchi puree/bacon dish and substitute the cauliflower for the sprouts.

The kimchi puree sounded like a sort of odd thing to do but it turned out to be a delicious sauce and will be a good staple to mix with anything on hand. Fish sauce, garlic, and chilies are always going to be tasty. This, along with a pan fried duck breast and fried rice, was dinner tonight. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment